Whether is be through the brokerage he founded (Keller Williams) in 1983 that changed the paradigm of a very old industry, or through authoring one of his many books about overall success (including the one we will be highlighting this month — The Millionaire Real Estate Investor), Gary Keller is an absolute pioneer in the real estate industry.
This book’s counterpart, The Millionaire Real Estate Agent, is considered by many real estate agents as “the bible” of the real estate industry. It came out in 2004 and provided an amazingly simplistic framework of building up a profitable real estate agent business, with step-by-step how-to’s as well as a deep dive into the business philosophy that was responsible for Keller’s personal success.
It would only seem natural, then, that Keller follow up his National Best Selling book with one that pertains specifically to the other side of the real estate world…investing.
We imagine that if you are reading this post, and anything else through Flipping Awesome, that you’re hungry for knowledge of how to success in the real estate investing world. With The Millionaire Real Estate Investor on your desk, you definitely won’t be disappointed.
“This book is not just a bargain, it’s a steal. It’s filled with practical workable advice for anyone wanting to build wealth.”— Mike Summey, co-author of the bestselling The Weekend Millionaire’s Secrets to Investing in Real Estate
The book itself explains it the best on the back cover…
“Anyone who seeks financial wealth must first learn the fundamental truths and models that drive it. The Millionaire Real Estate Investor represents the collected wisdom and experience of over 100 millionaire investors from all walks of life who pursued financial wealth and achieved the life-changing freedom it deliver. This book — in straightforward, no nonsense, easy-to-read-style — reveals their proven strategies.
The Millionaire Real Estate Investor is your handbook to the tried and true financial wealth-building vehicle that rewards patience and perseverance and is available to all — real estate.
The Millionaire Real Estate Investor is about your and your money. It’s about your financial potential. It’s about discovering the millionaire investor in you. “
This amazing book is broken down into three easy to understand parts, each of which goes into great detail, and each of which we will summarize for you in subsequent posts.
Part 1: Charting The Course
- The Five MythUnderstandings about the way you look at investing
- The Law of Momentum
- Points To Remember
Part 2: The Four Stages
- THINK A Million
- The Spiritual Journey of Wealth Building
- The Seven Ways Millionaire Real Estate Investors Think
- Nina’s Rule: Watch Your Posture
- BUY A Million
- America’s First Millionaire
- The Five Models Of The Millionaire Real Estate Investor
- The Net Worth Model
- The Financial Model
- The Network Model
- The Lead Generation Model
- The Acquisition Model
- Buy A Million: You Have The Power
- OWN A Million
- The Labyrinth of Chartres
- The Seventeen Issues of Own a Million
- Criteria: Always The Guiding Light
- Terms: Hold Them Dear
- Network: Together Everyone Achieves More
- Money: Give It A Work Ethic
- You: Your Primary Asset
- It All Comes Down To This…
- RECEIVE A Million
- Reaching For The Light
- The Challenge of Unearned Income
- Achieve $1 Million in Annual Cash Flow Through Investing in Real Estate
- $1 Million a Month: The Inspirational Story of Investor 34
- The 7 Level: The Path To People Leverage
- Tis Better To Give Than To Receive: Moving From Wealth Accumulation To Wealth Distribution
- THINK A Million
Part 3: Staying On Top
- Putting It All Together
- Never Take Your Eyes Off The Ball
- Anyone Can Do It — Not Everyone Will
- A Financial Track To Run On
- Money Doesn’t Care
- Time To Get Going
- Profiles of Real-Life Millionaire Real Estate Investors
- Putting It All Together
Could it get any simpler than that? 3 parts: set up a plan…execute the plan in a systematic fashion…and then keep the business running. Amazing!
Flipping Awesome Takeaways
Every book we review has a handful of key takeaways that we know can help a real estate investor at ANY level succeed. Here’s a few of them from The Millionaire Real Estate Investor…
- “A proven model is a process or method used to produce desirable, repeatable results. A proven model built on the best practices of high achievers in a given area will produce the most desirable and predictable results as well as maximize your chances for continued success over time.”How amazing is this? We think there is an underlying theme behind most of the books that we read and recommend to the Flipping Awesome community, and that’s SYSTEMS. Build something once, and let it run forever…it’s a powerful force in business if you can create properly executed systems. That’s why we are so excited about this book, it’s entirely based around a logical, proven, simple system to start and grow your real estate investing business.
- Part 1: Charting the Course breaks down a lot of foundational beliefs you should have when approaching the real estate investor space…
- YES, you do need to be an investor
- YES, you do need to and want to be financially wealthy
- YES, you can do itIf you don’t believe that you need to be in the real estate game to create wealth, and if you don’t believe that you CAN do it, you’re sunk! This entire section of the book goes into detail about the power you have to create a successful business and life for yourself.
- The Four Stages of The Millionaire Real Estate Investor are brilliant.
- THINK A Million. The preface of success in any endeavor is going into it with the proper mindset. Knowing WHY you’re doing what you’re doing comes way before ever learning how to do it. Knowing that the end result of real estate investing is to have a consistent and powerful effect on your net worth (real estate is attainable, appreciable, leverageable, rentable, improvable, deductible, depreciable, deferrable, stable, and livable).
- BUY A Million. Once you know WHY you want to pursue real estate, then you can move forward with the HOW, and actually do it! First step in any real estate endeavor is acquisition…in order to become a real estate millionaire, you need to BUY a million dollars in real estate! Now, you might realize that if you’re using financing to Buy A Million, you aren’t yet a millionaire because you don’t…
- OWN A Million. NOWWWW we’re talkin’! Owning a million dollars of real estate is about turning your investments into actual net worth that shows up on your balance sheet, and to do so, you must concentrate on the Buy and Hold strategy, mazimizing and accelerating your Equity Buildup (covered in great depth in the book). There are also five principle areas that The Millionaire Real Estate Investor breaks down: Criteria, Terms, Network, Money, and YOU!
- RECEIVE A Million. This is the end of the rainbow for most investors…the end game to send you to the beach for a pina colada! Once you Own A Million, you have a serious asset that has the ability to produce CASHFLOW. This is true passive income, secured by property, that provides you with a stable income that you can count on as long as humans need a roof over their heads.
- There are THOUSANDS of people who have come before you to do the very thing you strive to do in creating a successful real estate investing business! The Millionaire Real Estate Investor contains an entire appendix of success stories of successful investors, from which you can learn, but also from which you can raise your belief that it is possible to become a millionaire too!
They say, “anyone can do it, but not everyone will!”. With The Millionaire Real Estate Investor, you’ve got a roadmap for exactly how to be one of the doers. If you already have this book, I would highly recommend re-visiting it. Every step of the way in your real estate investing journey, you will have new challenges and new things you’ve learned…and the content of the book will resonate with you in different ways. Definitely dust it off if you have it!
If you do NOT already have this book, you should! Click any of the links below to get it…
If you haven’t yet set up an account with Audible, Kindle, or Amazon Prime, they all offer free 30-day trials, which you should most definitely sign up for! Click below to sign up for trial accounts…
- Audible: 2 free audiobooks during trial, then 1 per month for just $9.99
- Kindle Unlimited: access to unlimited eBooks and audiobooks, free for 30 days then just $9.99/mo
- Amazon Prime: free 2-day shipping, unlimited streaming Prime video, unlimited photo storage, and more, free for 30 days then just $99/year